Ideal for beginner gardeners, Choisya Ternata (Mexican Orange Blossom) is a stunning shrub that doesnít require extensive gardening knowledge to bloom. With a delicious citrus scent and delicate star shaped flowers in spring, the Choisya Ternata will add a sprinkling of celestial magic to your garden.
Thriving in full sun, the Choisya Ternata is a versatile shrub that sparkles in a wide range of locations such as borders and raised beds. Itís a fast-growing plant and will produce an abundance of blooms to fill much needed spaces in your garden with a height of up to 8ft tall. It will also accept light pruning if you prefer to keep the shrub more compact. With a RHS award of Garden Merit, itís an outstanding plant thatís truly versatile to your gardening needs.
Alongside the wonderfully orange scent that permeates from the flowers, the dark green leaves are aromatic with a fragrance that is reminiscent of basil when crushed.
Supplied as three established plants in a 9cm pots, ready for planting.
What Is Supplied
Item 511457 supplied as:
3 x 9cm pots
Prune in early to mid-summer after flowering. Only trim if you want to keep the shrub compact.
- Can be planted all year round but for best results plant before winter so the flowers can become adapted to colder weather
- Plant in fertile well drained soil in areas of full sun that are sheltered from winds
- Dig a hole that is the same depth of the pot and plant your Choisya Ternata into it
- Water occasionally, increasing to regularly in hotter months due to dryer soil.
- Annually in spring, mulch the soil around the plant with compost
- Apply fertiliser if soil is lacking in fertility