These upright Petunias will make a fabulous and colour addition your summer floral schemes. Yielding a profusion of single and bi-coloured flowers in spectacular shades of pink, red, cerise, lilac, and white, they will bloom right through the summer months until the first frosts in autumn. These repeat flowering Petunia plants are a great choice for your summer beds, borders, and patio pot displays. Delivered as a pack of 24 plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
What Is Supplied
Item 401357 supplied as:
Supplied as 24 plug plants
Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- Plant straight into containers and grow on for a week or two before placing out.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry.
- They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous containers that last the whole season.
- Check and water containers every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.