Planting advice for Callicarpa 'Profusion' Beauty Berry:
- Grow Callicarpa in any fertile, well drained garden soil in full sun or partial shade.
- Water your potted plant well.
- Dig a hole a little deeper and 3 x wider than the nursery pot.
- Add a soil conditioner such as well-rotted manure to the earth removed from the hole if necessary.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Plants benefit from the addition of mycorrhizal fungi to the planting hole and roots.
- Place your plant in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball.
- Water well and mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
Aftercare for Callicarpa 'Profusion':
- Although callicarpa will tolerate a little lime in the soil, they will suffer from yellowing foliage if there is too much, so you may need to add ericaceous compost if your soil is particularly alkaline.
- Keep plants well-watered.
Pruning Advice for 'Profusion' Beauty Berry:
- Prune back stems in early spring, if necessary, to remove spindly or damaged growth, cutting back to a permanent framework to maintain shape and size.
- In autumn stems with berries can be cut for indoor arrangements.