Offering a mixture of bright colours on this variety of Viola and one of our favourites. This is a true Viola and it has great tolerance to both heat and cold making it a reliable performer for the whole season. Plant some of these beauties into containers and ensure there is still loads of vibrant colour in your outside spaces whatever the weather.
What Is Supplied
Item 401237 supplied as:
Supplied as a 20 x garden ready plant, reasy to plant straight out in Autumn.
Plant Care Information
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour. If you canít do this, they can sit in their mini greenhouse for a week if upright and not too wet.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but theyíll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When potting on, handle plugs carefully. Pot on using our 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Alternatively, plant straight into baskets and grow on for a week or two before hanging up.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry. They donít like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous baskets that last the whole season.
- Check and water baskets every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
Pruning and Trimming:
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.
Fully Grown Plant Dimensions (approx)