Planting Advice for Star Jasmine Trachelospermum Jasminoides:
- Plant in fertile, well-drained soil in sun or semi-shade. Choose a sheltered position that is protected from cold winter winds. A south or west-facing wall is ideal.
- If growing in pots, use a good quality, soil-based compost, and place some bricks in the bottom to provide ballast.
- In particularly cold areas, Trachelospermum is best grown in containers that can be moved to a protected position over winter.
Aftercare Advice for Trachelospermum Jasminoides:
- Provide the twining stems with an appropriate frame support such as trellis, an obelisk or wires.
- During the growing season, water regularly and apply a balanced feed monthly.
- Water sparingly in winter.
Pruning Advice for Star Jasmine:
- After flowering, prune back the stems to restrict them to the available space, simply thinning out congested, weak or badly placed shoots.
- Any stray branches can be tied back to their supports to improve the shape of the plant.