Perfect as an ornamental tree or as hedging Goldcrest is columnar, evergreen conifer with bright golden-yellow foliage that will remain colourful in your garden year-round.
If you are planning to use as hedging the conifer will usually reach a height of 3-5m in ten years and 10m in 20 years.
They are so easy to grow and maintain, just prune to suit and don't worry about them in the winter.
Supplied as an established plant in a 10.5cm pot
What Is Supplied
Item 500203 supplied as:
1 x 10.5cm pot
Grow in any well-drained soil in full sun with shelter from cold, drying winds.
- Water your potted plant well.
- Dig a hole a little deeper and 3 x wider than the nursery pot.
- Add a soil conditioner such as well-rotted manure to the earth removed from the hole if necessary.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Sprinkle on some root grow to help establish a sound root system.
- Place your plant in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling). Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball.
- Water well and mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
- Prune in late spring to maintain height and spread