This sun-loving bedding plant will produce a wealth of large, daisy-like blooms in sunshine shades of yellow, orange, and pink, accompanied by cool green foliage.
Gazania Sunrise is a drought tolerant variety which is ideal for your sunny borders or patio pots.
Gazania Sunrise will thrive when positioned in full sun and it will flower from May through to the first frost in November.
Supplied as a pack of 12 plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
What Is Supplied
Item 401332 supplied as:
Supplied as 12 x plug plants
Plant Care Information
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- Plant straight into containers and grow on for a week or two before placing out.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry.
- They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous containers that last the whole season.
- Check and water containers every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.
Fully Grown Plant Dimensions (approx)