Gaillardia Mesa Red is a stunning plant that will brighten up your garden with its fiery blooms. Perfect for any sunny spot in your garden due to its high drought tolerance. It has bicoloured blooms of gorgeous shades of red and oranges and will also liven up your garden by attracting bees and butterflies.
What Is Supplied
Item 401184 supplied as:
Supplied as a 20 x garden ready plant, reasy to plant straight out in Autumn.
Plant Care Information
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- If you canít do this, they can sit in Mini Greenhouses for a week if upright and not too wet.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but theyíll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light, and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When potting on, handle plugs carefully. Pot on using our 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry. They donít like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- When plants are large enough, prepare the soil by digging over and removing any weeds. Incorporate some well-rotted manure to enrich the soil if necessary.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the root ball.
- The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent desiccation.
- Plants are drought tolerant once established and removing faded flowers will encourage a longer period of blooming.
- Naturally compact plants, they may just need an autumn tidy up if they have become too straggly.
Fully Grown Plant Dimensions (approx)